Saturday, August 14- First Whale Sightings

 

As we cruised to our next destination in the morning we were treated to the sight of humpback whales feeding near the shore.  I was up on deck participating in a stretch class. That was the end of the stretch class as we went over to look.  We were given our choice of several excursions in the afternoon- I chose a 2-hour afternoon kayak paddle where we encountered harbor seals and a couple of bald eagles.  Later that evening we saw sea otters and had a brief glimpse of an orca whale.

Seals.  I know- I need a better camera.  Please consider contributing to a GoFundMe for that purpose.  ;-)


View from my room- ready for the next kayak paddle.


Pictures of whales?  Sorry.  Whales NEVER breach when you have your camera aimed at the right place in the water and even when I've gotten photos it's been a blurry shot of a curved back or a fluke (tail) disappearing.  You gotta be there.

But here's a selfie I took in the lounge instead. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, August 15: Two Hikes

Thursday, August 12- Kansas City to Anchorage